Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Creating a Website

For the past couple class sessions we have been working on creating our own website. I had never heard of DreamWeaver before, and I really didn't have any idea how to go about creating a website. I knew a little code, but other than that I had no idea how to go from scratch.

Now that I've been using the program for 2 sessions so far, I think I'm getting a better grasp on it. However, I'm still struggling with the process and trying to understand DreamWeaver, but I feel like I'll get it done to a basic level by the time I'm done with it.

In terms of using this in the classroom I can't really see elementary students creating their own websites from scratch. I mean, maybe in the future technology will be so prevalent for young children that they are able to do that at an early age, but from what I've seen today I don't think that elementary age children would be able to use DreamWeaver productively. However, I think that the program would be a good tool for teachers in terms of creating class websites, or using it to create educational websites that students can use safely to obtain information.


No comments:

Post a Comment