Sunday, April 8, 2012

First Class

After my first day in ED 421 I learned quite a bit for just one session. Already I learned about tools I could use as a teacher in my classroom, ways I could use those tools to help me in my work, my students, and the families of my students. It was cool being able to use the smartboard, I hope eventually we'll be able to use it in more detail since it seems like a piece of technology that is becoming more prevalent in classrooms. I look forward to learning more about the different technologies I could utilize in a classroom and how to use them.

I went to the site go2web20.net and took a look at some of the sites they offer. One that caught my attention was called Headmagnet. It's free, so I signed up for it, to check it out further. The site is basically a tool for studying. You can design your own lists by making questions and answers. Then when you want to study you can choose to have the question presented to you, and then you give the answer, or the other way around. I thought it was a cool alternative to note cards for studying.

The other site I went to was called CarrotSticks. This was a site that was designed specifically for elementary age children. Kids can log on and play math games with other kids. Or they can choose to practice their math skills on their own. I thought it was a fun site that kids could use if they had some spare time, or if they were struggling with math computation.

No comments:

Post a Comment